Of Cell Phones and Beaches

January 22, 2008 0 Comments A+ a-

Chase and I had a fun time skiing this weekend---I took a couple of pictures, and will post when I get my camera out of my suitcase. It's upstairs. (And, at this moment, upstairs is very, very far away...) The story of the weekend was--I lost my cell phone. This was paticularly stressful for my teenaged son, who was then unable to call his girlfriend whenever he wanted and "What do you mean 'there's no way to text from the hotel phone', Mom?" He was devastated for two days! [rollin' my eyes...]

I start a trip tomorrow--picked one up out of base, so I start and end in Dallas (DFW). I picked it up because on Friday afternoon I end up overlooking the gorgeous Emerald Coast that is Fort Walton Beach. (Check out the picture with that link--that's exactly what the beach looks like and my hotel sits right on it!) I have to endure Jackson, MS (JAN)and Columbus, OH (CMH) first, though. Don't get me wrong, I like the cities--just the hotels/length of layover/lack of things to do/food choices (or lack thereof) play into my feelings about them.

And, I DID get a Miami (MIA) layover for next month--but, only one and not at the hotel on the beach. [pout] All the "warm thinking" I'll be doing there wil involve the sound of airplanes taking off and landing at my airport hotel. Glamourous, isn't it??
Blondie