Friday Harbor, revisited....

April 10, 2008 0 Comments A+ a-

Stew school was a lot, today...reviewed all the doors we have to arm/disarm/open, survival, ditching, and the slides and slide rafts. If you aren't in the business, it doesn't mean much, but if you know what I'm talking about, you know it was a busy, intense day. We started at 6:00 a.m....got back to our room at 4 p.m. and I took a three hour nap. Which explains being up this "late" (9:16 p.m.) and on my computer.

I spent a few minutes just perusing a few pictures on my computer...

Last year, Norm and I went to Seattle. We ended up there because we were unable to get to where we planned on going to--South America--using our airline benefits! Weather in the Northeast jammed the system on the days we wanted to travel, so we had to develop our "Plan B"! You gotta be really, really flexible to stomach standby travel!

Anyway, we went to Seattle, because it was just about the only place we could get to that the flights looked good and we wanted to go there.

We drove up to the San Juan Islands. Accessible only by ferry, these are beautiful jewels of islands about an hour north of Seattle. Here are just a few pictures of the gorgeous view from our hotel room in Friday Harbor, at the Friday Harbor House.

















This is the Anacortes Ferry that goes back and forth to the mainland.

It was a lovely few days, and I smile whenever I look at these pictures.
Blondie