A change of plans...

June 22, 2008 2 Comments A+ a-

We got in to Boston late last night from LA--a little after midnight. That is one long flight for passengers to be sitting on a full 757 for 6 hours!

It was a busy flight with some really nice people. There was a family traveling--their little girl's name was Sasha and she played shy at first, but came out of her shell in the galley with me a little later. Sasha is 3 years old and made a big announcement "I fwom China!" (She's adopted.) She went on to tell me all about her Chinese dress: "it's wed wif legs." Her Dad explained that she means "red with pants." And she informed me that I had to come to her "birfday pawty" at Chuck E. Cheese. She was just precious!

There was also a New Zealander who was coming to the States to go sailing for five weeks. I am envious!!

We got checked into the hotel and I was wide awake, so I stayed up for a couple of hours winding down. Slept in this morning, woke up to a decent cup of coffee in my in-room coffee maker. (I am in denial about how clean the coffee makers are in the hotel rooms. Don't tell me. I don't want to know. I am covering my ears. lalalalalalalalalala--I can't hear you...)

A quick shower to wash off last night's airplane funk, and I went off in search of lunch. There is a strip shopping center next door to the hotel and I picked up a few things at the drug store. Decided to highlight my hair (I am also in denial about how much better it looks when a professional does it for me....) and brought lunch up to my room from the hotel restaurant. Soup and a half sandwich at 50% off with airline discount = a great $4 lunch!

So I was putzing around getting ready--I have all kinds of time today--we don't leave for the airport until 4:45 p.m. Highlighted my hair, enjoyed an extra long shower, took my time getting my make-up on and drying my hair.....leisurely is the pace I was operating at--which also happens to be my best!

I was just getting ready to put on my uniform, when my cell phone rang. It was the Crew Desk. (insert horror music here) They are only calling for one of two things: our departure is delayed/cancelled or they are changing my trip.

Changing my trip it is. Instead of flying to San Francisco, I'll be flying back to Washington. They had to re-crew the Boston-Washington flight and I don't leave the hotel until 7:30 tonight.

Bad thing is: I lose 10 hours of flying. Good thing is: I will be home tonight!
Blondie

2 What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!

Write What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!
DUNCAN
AUTHOR
June 22, 2008 at 6:28 PM delete

Oh the airplane funk!, isn't it disgusting...the really disgusting thing about it is that somewhere somebody is turned on by it.....ewwww the horrors!

Reply
avatar
Kerry
AUTHOR
June 25, 2008 at 2:57 PM delete

do you have a special ringtone for when they call? some flight attendants i've flown with have the funniest ringtones...need to get one too.

Reply
avatar