My 2 day "tour" of America via Facebook

January 18, 2010 0 Comments A+ a-

After some time off, it's was back on Reserve for me this past Saturday.  Good for three days, and having not flown yet in January, I knew I was going to be called out for an early morning sign-in. And the Crew desk delivered--they were so kind to call me at 2:40 in the morning to give me my assignment. Beautiful.

Saturday:
Washington - Chicago
Chicago - Denver
Denver - Phoenix

Sunday:
Phoenix-Denver
Denver - Chicago
Chicago - Washington

(Pictures are from my cell phone, so I apologize for the quality.) Here is my trip through my Facebook posts:

Blondie Back to the dog and pony show. Today, 15 hr layover in Phoenix via Chicago and Denver. Tomorrow, the reverse. Holiday weekend-hope all the peeps are happy!
Sat at 7:59am via Text Message  ·  · 

Sodwee B.
Sodwee B. 
Ladies & gents please tilt ALL the airvents towards the FWD of the cabin. Thank you for your cooperation.
Sat at 8:36am · 


Blondie Y'all buckle up-we're fixin' to leave! Chicago-Denver now departing.
Sat at 1:40pm via Text Message  ·  · 


Abraham 
Said like a true former AMR employee.
Sat at 2:55pm · 

Blondie Quiet in the Denver Crew Lounge....think I'll take a nap!




Sat at 3:50pm via Facebook Mobile  ·  ·  · Share

Blondie
 
Day is done. Gone the sun. In Phoenix...just deplaning. Headed to the hotel for a well deserved drink.


Sat at 8:06pm via Text Message  ·  · 



Richard Rucka
Richard 
How do you deplaning?
Sat at 8:10pm · 
Becky Vincent Parker
Becky 
I hear ya
Sat at 8:12pm · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Richard-it's a technical term. I could tell ya, but I'd have to kill ya. (Passengers getting off the plane.)
Sat at 8:22pm · 
Becky Vincent Parker
Becky 
what are we drinking? I hear my nephew is coming up your way
Sat at 8:23pm · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Tonight, it is simply a glass of Chardonnay. What are you gonna have?
Sat at 9:03pm · 
Becky Vincent Parker
Becky 
I had a crown and diet coke
Sat at 10:58pm · 
Abraham Kaauwai
Abraham  
you know sometimes life just needs a little Dame Shirley Bassey singing and big glass of wine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7HM5KKIh0E
Sat at 11:45pm · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Thanks for the Dame Shirley, Abbie! That was FAB-u-lous!
Yesterday at 12:10am · 



Blondie Pretty schwanky hotel they have us in here!




Sat at 8:35pm via Facebook Mobile  ·  ·  · Share

Ken Everly
Ken  
Hampton Inn? :)
Sat at 8:43pm · 
Rita Helinger White
Rita 
where are you at?
Sat at 8:44pm · 
Dolly Powers
Dolly  
Nice
Sat at 8:46pm · 
Vicki Valek Michalski
Vicki 
Please, please, please don't ask/post where we stay in any city...it's a safety issue. There are those that will use that information to no good. Ask me how I know...
Sat at 8:59pm · 
Jeanne Brady
Jeanne 
Holy, Cow....you never got anything like that at Eagle and you were on the Hotel Committee!! I'm envious.
Sat at 10:45pm · 
Rich Dyrda
Rich 
Better not let Tilton see this. His bonus money is going to help his crews with nice hotels!
Sat at 11:06pm · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Rita--downtown PHX.
Yesterday at 12:21am · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Vicki--I have never posted the hotel we stay at on the Internet. I served on the Hotel Committee at my previous airline and am well aware of the ramifications. I promise--we are safe with me!!
Yesterday at 12:27am · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Sorry, Ken--no free breakfast = no Hampton Inn!
Yesterday at 12:29am · 
Kirsten Wittstruck
Kirsten 
Did you still put on your hotel booties and go through the routine?
Yesterday at 8:51am · 
Vicki Valek Michalski
Vicki 
Thanks Annette. Appreciate that! :)
Yesterday at 10:26am · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Kir--oh, hell, yeah! My feet do not touch hotel room carpet!
Yesterday at 1:16pm · 

Blondie Time to make the doughnuts. Today, Phoenix-Denver-Chicago-Washington.

Yesterday at 7:46am  ·  · 
Joanie Humphreys Smith
Joanie 
You must have the energy of the energizer bunny!
Yesterday at 11:16am · 

Blondie Welcome aboard, y'all!





Yesterday at 10:33am via Facebook Mobile  ·  ·  · Share

Deborah Tarpley Hicks
Deborah  
DING - DING - DING.....Oh, MISS! Could I have an orange juice before take off??
Yesterday at 10:48am · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
I'm sorry ma'am...catering hasn't been here, yet.
Yesterday at 1:19pm · 
Julie Ann Watson
Julie  
Best kind of flight just a few passengers.
Yesterday at 4:51pm · 
Linda Hulehan Moyer
Linda  
I need a pillow, blanket and oh here I have some expired drink coupons....slaps ur bum
Yesterday at 6:59pm · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Julie--they were just starting to board...all the flights go out full these days!
Yesterday at 11:38pm · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Linda--generally there are drinks and dinner involved before I get touched there!
Yesterday at 11:40pm · 

Rich We will be in Washington DC April 10-11. Bid around so we can get together for dinner and you can meet Miss Alex.
Yesterday at 11:31am ·  ·  · See Wall-to-Wall
Annette Long
Blondie 
You are too funny! I am #9 from the bottom of the seniority list!! Bid around it? I get what I get! (I will try, though!)

Yesterday at 1:14pm · 















Blondie Bloodied stumps! That's all that's left of my legs today! Chicago to Washington ready to depart!
Yesterday at 7:23pm via Text Message  ·  · 









Jeanne Eury Millsaps
Jeanne 
sorry!
Yesterday at 7:38pm · 
Jim Seeds
Jim  
How do you think my thumb and index finger feel after a long flight? You think that autopilot programs itself? How about my butt sitting for endless hours, boy some people :-)
Yesterday at 7:48pm · 
Donna Bennett
Donna 
No pity here.
Yesterday at 10:11pm · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Jim, just a lil' tip for ya...--try moleskin. A little on your thumb and forefinger...and a lot on your butt.
Yesterday at 11:05pm · 

Blondie On the employee shuttle to the parking lot. 50 minutes to the La-Z-Boy recliner and yoga toes!

Yesterday at 9:37pm via Text Message  ·  · 

Donna Bennett
Donna 
Aren't you glad you won't be toolin' down 95 to do the passport handoff?
Yesterday at 10:11pm · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Very happy!
Yesterday at 10:59pm · 
Heather Marie Schneider
Heather 
yoga toes... do they really work?
Yesterday at 11:27pm · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Yes--they help a lot, Heather!
Yesterday at 11:43pm · 
Abraham Kaauwai
Abraham  
What is it?
15 hours ago · 
Abraham Kaauwai
Abraham 
I already got toes that can play the piano so I don't think I need it. However that "Deluxe Massager" to the left looks more like my kind of gizmo!
15 hours ago · 











Blondie ♫♫ Monday, Monday...can't trust that day...♫ ♫ I am #1 on the 1 day reserve list....



Blondie Thinks I just got a free day off! Today being on Reserve doesn't suck!

2 hours ago  ·  · 
Justine Waite
Justine  
Enjoy the weather for me!
2 hours ago · 
Annette Long
Blondie 
Justine--the weather looks just fine from the LaZBoy!
about an hour ago · 


Blondie
Blondie