I found the glamour!

February 15, 2011 5 Comments A+ a-

Usually, the very first part of a Flight Attendant's trip begins with a briefing.  With my airline, all the Flight Attendants gather, either in the domicile or on the airplane, and the briefing includes bidding for your work position in seniority order, new policies in effect, and equipment on the aircraft that may not be working--a broken seatback, one of the ten lavatories is inoperative--you get the idea.

Remember last year when I gave you the tour of a Boeing 777, including the Lower Lobe Crew Rest?  You may remember this small room of six bunks on some models of the 777 where Flight Attendants go for rest and can actually stretch out and lay down on extended flights.
Keep in mind the Crew Rest Bunks as you read this small item that showed up a couple of weeks ago on the "briefing sheet":


MAINTENANCE 'MEL/CARRY FORWARD' OPEN CABIN SERVICE ITEMS: 1 CFXXXX LOWER CREW REST COMPARTMENT HAS BUNK WITH URINE CUSHION IN CARGO HOLD : NEEDS NEW MATTRESS UPPER

Yep--somebody peed the bed.

I really don't know what else to say!



Blondie
Blondie

5 What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!

Write What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!
February 15, 2011 at 1:04 AM delete

Yep--somebody peed the bed.

Happens to the best of us. Got to admit, I'm 6'-5" and flying is hard for me but an inoperative lavatory is torture. Then throw in the plane being delayed from landing and the maintenance dudes almost had to replace a wet seat cushion.

I was doing the the old airport running OJ getting to the restroom once we did land.

Reply
avatar
Blondie
AUTHOR
February 15, 2011 at 1:06 AM delete

Beach Bum--I'll clear up the fuzziness in the post...there are 11 lavs on a 777...so, there would have been plenty to go 'round!

Reply
avatar
Lacey
AUTHOR
February 22, 2011 at 2:28 PM delete

I absolutely love your blog! I found it while browsing through flight attendant blogs. I have a flight attendant job interview next month and I am super excited about it!

Reply
avatar
Blondie
AUTHOR
February 22, 2011 at 2:32 PM delete

Thanks, Lacey! And, good luck with the interview! Do you have Kiki Ward's book? It is really a big help, I think! Keep us posted and let us know how it goes!

Reply
avatar
Lacey
AUTHOR
February 23, 2011 at 9:24 PM delete

Thanks Blondie! I have read about it on her website but I don't own it. I will definitely let you know how it goes. Until then I will read about your adventure... and prepare! :)

Reply
avatar