Welcome home and my redneck daughters!

May 02, 2008 2 Comments A+ a-

Got my wings yesterday--and put Chicago in my rearview mirror around 3 p.m. Got as far as Cleveland, and had to stop for the night. Drove home the rest of the way today--and it feels so good to be back in my house!
This is what greeted me when I pulled into the driveway today--Norm hung "welcome home" and "congratulations" signs on our garage door:


What a sweetie!

Tomorrow, I pick up Brendyn, the most amazing child on the planet, who will be spending the weekend with me. My daughter, Jennifer is going to the Richmond NASCAR race, and her husband is in Iraq. I'm not sure what fun things we'll be doing, but I am very much looking forward to seeing him.


My other daughter, Casey, will also be at the NASCAR race.

I just don't get the appeal of being at a loud racetrack all day long. But, I'm glad they do--because there is one precious grandbaby coming to spend time with his Mimi because of it!!
Blondie

2 What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!

Write What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!
Casey Claire
AUTHOR
May 3, 2008 at 9:21 AM delete

it's not the loud race track that call us. It's the crazy ass people that you meet, and the retarding things they do when they are drunk and in a large group. I can't even count how many people I've met who are INVINCIBLE!!! but let me tell you... beer... grill... dinngle ball... and good people



FUUUUUUUN TIMES!

Reply
avatar
DUNCAN
AUTHOR
May 3, 2008 at 10:10 AM delete

Welcome home and congratulations!

Reply
avatar