Lewis--dear, sweet Lewis....

January 28, 2009 7 Comments A+ a-

Omigawd! Heather Poole just has the best post about dating a Flight Attendant--written by Lewis. Lewis, who, were I not previously spoken for, I would have to hunt down like an animal and date myself! (Honey, I keed, I keed!)

Here's a little taste of her post:

Dear Heather,

I've really enjoyed reading your blog. I thought I'd add a different perspective...what it's like to be the guy who is dating a flight attendant. ALL red-blooded American men dreamed for years of dating a flight attendant. My turn finally came and I was in awe. I then was rather surprised that the glamorous life we were led to believe didn't really exist. I found flight attendants have one of the toughest lives out there, and to this day I don't understand how they endure it. My suspicions are...those who can't take it drop out in the first year, leaving those who can....

I was horrified...and mystified...that essentially flight attendants get paid door closing to door opening. ALL that work-heavy time boarding....is their "contribution to the airline." ....They report two HOURS before a flight....out of the "goodness of their heart." I was even surprised they weren't paid on layovers.

Read the rest of Heather's post here.

Blondie

Blondie

7 What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!

Write What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!
Tony
AUTHOR
January 29, 2009 at 11:24 AM delete

Yep! He certainly hit the nail on the head!

Reply
avatar
Anonymous
AUTHOR
February 4, 2009 at 2:14 PM delete

Wow...I have a whole new respect. You really must have to LOVE what you do to do that. The travel perks are nice, I'm sure, but you really have to work your tail off for them!

Reply
avatar
Brockwest
AUTHOR
February 7, 2009 at 9:38 PM delete

As I said on Heather's Post, Blondie, dear, Applications currently being cheerfully accepted!

Lewis

Reply
avatar
Unknown
AUTHOR
June 15, 2009 at 3:20 PM delete

Tsk, tsk, y'all waited too long..engaged now...and not even a F.A.!

Reply
avatar
Brockwest
AUTHOR
October 3, 2009 at 9:13 AM delete

Sorry to break your heart, pookie, but just got married yesterday. :o)
Lewis

Reply
avatar