Airport Standby

March 02, 2010 0 Comments A+ a-

I'm sitting  5 a.m. Standby this morning.  At the airport.  I am on for six days...and The Voice called last night and gave me the assignment.  I appreciated it because she called earlier, rather than later.

So far, all's quiet here.  There are three Flight Attendants sleeping in the Crew Lounge.  They could be commuters who couldn't get out on a flight home yesterday; or have an early sign-in today and didn't want to pay for a hotel room.  I just picked up our newly revamped Flight Attendant Manual--looks like they've made some nice changes to it.  Flight Attendants are trickling in for their early morning check-ins, and so far there are no trips to be had for a lowly standby person.

I have to stay here until 9 a.m. or they assign a trip to me, whichever comes first.  Until then, I think I am going to find a La-Z-Boy and take a nap.

Blondie