There is a god....

April 22, 2008 1 Comments A+ a-

We have our Internet back as of tonight...hallelujah!!

Tomorrow, I am going to Tokyo on my international training flight, along with 4 other classmates. I am very excited about it! I am glad to have an opportunity to put all the stuff we have been learning for the last 5 weeks together and to practical use...excited to get flying again...and excited to be going to Japan for the first time!

Some of my classmates are planning a full calendar for the 25 hours we will be there. They have plans to go to a karoake bar near the hotel after we arrive, and get up early the next morning and go to the Shinto Temple. I know myself enough to know I won't get up early enough to get back early enough to get ready to fly for 14 hours. (I also know my classmates and figure after a night at the karoake bar, they will sleep in late and not make it to the Temple the next day before going back to the airport to go home! ) So, my shopping may be limited to the airport...and that's okay--for now!

My Tokyo plans include a nice dinner with a couple of adult beverages and a big old bathtub to soak in (since all we have here at the Training Center is a teeny shower stall) and sleeping in....just what this old gal needs this week.

When we get back from Japan, it will be Friday. We have Saturday off, with a big test on Sunday; followed by our final exam on Monday; followed by actual flights on Tuesday with an instructor. Graduation is Thursday, and I'll drive home that afternoon--and hopefully get home late that night/early Friday morning to my own bed. It seems so close--and so far away....it can't come soon enough!
Blondie

1 What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!:

Write What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!
Tracy
AUTHOR
April 23, 2008 at 11:58 AM delete

Have you checked out your hotel yet? Traditional Japanese hotels don't have bathtubs, and the other more "westernized" hotels that I've been in there don't have anything big. lol

Reply
avatar