In sunny Florida--and hating it!

June 17, 2009 3 Comments A+ a-

Could there possibly be a worse trip than the one I got? The Voice called around 1 a.m. to tell me I was going to Tampa, FL. Normally, I think I would have looked forward to being poolside amidst the palm trees with a Pina Colada....

Oh, hell no....

A 7:45 a.m. sign in, to deadhead (ride as a passenger) to Tampa--only to sit at the airport for three hours and 14 minutes, then work the flight back to Washington, arriving just in time to join the hordes of citizens fighting the Beltway traffic to go home.

My day's worth of per diem pay is $13.12. I just spent $12.52 for a turkey sandwich and Diet Coke.

Only two more hours to go....


Blondie
Blondie

3 What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!

Write What's YOUR view? Click here to comment, please!
CuzLilBit
AUTHOR
June 17, 2009 at 7:26 PM delete

I know this was not funny but the way you told it had Rob and me in stitches. I love you, LilBit

Reply
avatar
June 18, 2009 at 11:05 PM delete

Gotta love those days...not!!

Reply
avatar
DUNCAN
AUTHOR
June 19, 2009 at 1:29 PM delete

A Tpa turn at 0 dark hundred with a 3 hour sit. Does the glamour ever stop?

Reply
avatar